Friday, June 29, 2012

New Social Network Site For…Pets?


Facebook and other social media websites are very well-known around the world. It keeps friends connected with other friends, relatives and old high school acquaintances. It couldn’t be possible for this to happen for pets, could it?

A new social networking site, PuppyPals.org, was created by life-long animal lover Vikki Thom who was seeking a way to connect with other pet lovers, share tips and recommendations, and establish a pet-sitting exchange (http://goo.gl/l2kMW).

“I’ve had dogs all my life,” said Thom, who was adopted from China in the 1960s. “I was made fun of a lot and I just found that dogs gave me the unconditional love I craved.”

After launching the website, Thom is now in the process of signing up users. Eventually, she is hoping that she will be able to feature advertising on the website.

The website generates conversations among pet owners and lists local dog parks, animal shelters, free classified ads and a shopping mall for small business-owners selling pet-related items, such as dog treats and clothing.

Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment